WELCOME TO the blog of ANGIE WILSON PHOTOGRAPHY



Hello! I’m glad you stopped by. I am Angie Wilson, a photographer/graphic designer based in Boulder County, Colorado.

This blog was created to act as a personal journal of not only family photos, but also professional work, personal imagery, and anything else that I think deserves a spot on the web. Go ahead and look around, and of course, feel free to leave a comment.

If you're interested in having me shoot your wedding, senior portraits, children, birthday party (you name it!) please email me, or give me a call: 303.651.6147. You can also visit my portfolio at http://www.angiewilsonphotography.com/


visit the new blog




Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Rodney Smith--this guy is AMAAAAZING!

This afternoon I checked my OLLLLD hotmail email account . . . the one I signed up for when I was 16 (!!) and used throughout high school and college. I still have the email account, but rarely check it because it is almost always JUNK JUNK JUNK. Not today.

I was so DELIGHTED to find an email from the studio of Rodney Smith, an amazing fashion photographer in New York.

Until I was 23, I had no idea who Rodney Smith even was. It was the summer after my first year of grad school. I was studying Art History, doing a summer internship at BYU's Museum of Art in the exhibition design department. Brian, one of Museum's lead designers, handed me a stack of Rodney Smith's images. The Museum was putting together an exhibition of his work in the Fall, and we were in charge of designing the gallery guide. I remember being immediately blown away by his work, excited for the day when his photographs would hang on the walls of the Museum.

So back to today. I got an email from his studio, announcing some new photos featured in a fashion issue of New York Magazine. I thought maybe you'd like to take a peek too. This one right here is my favorite. I. LOVE. IT. Fearless and fantastic. Way to go Rodney Smith!

No comments:

 
Designed by Jalapeno Design