WELCOME TO the blog of ANGIE WILSON PHOTOGRAPHY



Hello! I’m glad you stopped by. I am Angie Wilson, a photographer/graphic designer based in Boulder County, Colorado.

This blog was created to act as a personal journal of not only family photos, but also professional work, personal imagery, and anything else that I think deserves a spot on the web. Go ahead and look around, and of course, feel free to leave a comment.

If you're interested in having me shoot your wedding, senior portraits, children, birthday party (you name it!) please email me, or give me a call: 303.651.6147. You can also visit my portfolio at http://www.angiewilsonphotography.com/


visit the new blog




Monday, October 6, 2008

Enjoy Today.

Last Sunday, Thomas S. Monson, the prophet of the church I belong to, spoke at the closing of the Sunday morning session of general conference, and I REALLY enjoyed his remarks (I will link to it later this week when it is posted online).

Perhaps my favorite part, was when he shared a quote from The Music Man. "Pile up too many tomorrows and you'll find that you've collected nothing but a bunch of empty yesterdays." It's a hard thing sometimes . . . sleep deprived, watching James and Colin repeatedly dump their toys across the living room, spill juice and crackers all over the floor, scream at eachother during nearly every car ride . . . to not just try and push through today in hopes of a better tomorrow (or in my case, a better three years from now). But too often I am reminded that all we really have is today. Enjoy today.

After conference ended we put Colin in his crib for his nap. Jim and I also laid in bed for our Sunday afternoon rest. Soon James climbed into bed with us, and snuggled up against me. I made a conscious effort to try and enjoy the moment. I watched as James' chubby little fists rubbed his tired eyes, and then rested his arm on my shoulder. It was such a wonderful moment, though sad at the same time. As President Monson also mentioned in his talk, change is constant. Some is sudden, but many times, change is subtle and slow. There will come a day when James is big and independent, no longer taking afternoon naps next to me with his arm on my shoulder. I suppose those days will have their own moments to be cherished, but for now . . . enjoy today.

Here's a photo from a family photo session I did last week (more to be posted soon). Talk about enjoying today. These two are oozing it... :)

3 comments:

m said...

Amen sista. Amen

Jer said...

Okay, now I'm blubbering, just like I was last Sunday... :)

Emily B. said...

That was my favorite talk all weekend! I loved it!

 
Designed by Jalapeno Design