WELCOME TO the blog of ANGIE WILSON PHOTOGRAPHY



Hello! I’m glad you stopped by. I am Angie Wilson, a photographer/graphic designer based in Boulder County, Colorado.

This blog was created to act as a personal journal of not only family photos, but also professional work, personal imagery, and anything else that I think deserves a spot on the web. Go ahead and look around, and of course, feel free to leave a comment.

If you're interested in having me shoot your wedding, senior portraits, children, birthday party (you name it!) please email me, or give me a call: 303.651.6147. You can also visit my portfolio at http://www.angiewilsonphotography.com/


visit the new blog




Saturday, April 26, 2008

Hurricane Run 2008

I've been pretty pumped about this race for two months now. It's a 5K (3.1 miles) race around Lake McIntosh in North-west Longmont. I was pumped for two reasons:

1. When Jim, James and I moved to Colorado after graduating from BYU, we lived in some apartments RIGHT next to this lake. At the time I was car-less, which left me with limited entertainment options. When the weather was nice (which was often....come on...this is COLORADO!) I would take James on stroller runs around Lake McIntosh. So. A race around Lake McIntosh was like having home-field advantage.

2. Race Date: April 26. I don't know about you, but when I hear April 26, I see blue skies and warm air--perfect running conditions.

So I still had "home-field advantage," but blue skies and warm air was DEFINITELY not in the agenda. I hate making excuses, and I really hate hearing other people make excuses, but HOLY COW. It was FREEZING and the wind was OUT.OF.CONTROL. I definitely didn't do as well as I had hoped, but I guess it was fun (as soon as I was finished anyway). I placed 25th out of 183 women. ROCK ON!

Here are some photos compliments of my dad and Jim:



"warming up" before the race:


though it may not look like it, I PROMISE I AM running here

1 comment:

{meg} said...

YAY! YOU DO ROCK IT! This is soooo awesome...i can't belive the race was already here! I'm sooo glad you did soooo well. James looks like a little adult. ;)

 
Designed by Jalapeno Design